Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'm in a fit

Once I get an idea in my head I must do it.

I'm one of those people.

Especially when it comes to decorating.

The most recent idea that's been in my head and consuming many of my thoughts is a new little sitting area in our living room. Like some ottomans or a chest.




I must complete this idea. If not I will begin experiencing decorating fits. If you think I'm exaggerating then you need to come into my home and feel the wrath. My sister used to call me Martha growing up. You know after the crazy inspiring Martha Stewart. I can get scary.

Umm anywho.......

For in front of the window I'm thinking rustic. Maybe with some burlap.
Possible ideas I'm loving for a little seating area:

This one is quite adorable. The thought of two of these together in front of our living room window makes my heart beat a little faster. We would have to make these because I have never seen anything like them for sale. That burlap lid is pretty amazing right?



Pinned Image



These ottomans are covered with coffee sacks. I like you. These could be pretty easy to DIY.


wpid repurposed jute recycled furniture Think Green With The UpCycle Ottoman



Another inspiration. Two ottomans looking like this makes me happy.


Moulin Burlap Cube



and this is from one of my favorite blogs, Triangle Honeymoon. The wood chest in front of the window (in a darker color) could work well in our living room. It could be pretty sweet and cozy having a old chest in front of the window with a couple of pillows and a faux fur throw.




As you may have noticed, using pallet wood is not an option for this project. See here why.

All these photos are great inspiration but I can't really find anything like them in the store or online for sale. So most likely we are going to be DIYing this unless the rustic ottoman fairies make my wishes come true and place some well priced ottomans in stores in the next couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment