Monday, September 10, 2012

Non-notable Monday

I'm sitting in the lobby of an early 19th century, beautiful hotel in Pittsburgh, drinking a pumpkin spice latte in the middle of the afternoon.

No I didn't run away from grad school.

No I didn't run away from AJ.

I actually ran after AJ.

AJ was sent by his work to compete in a diesel technician skills competition in PA this week and I was asked if I wanted to tag along. Umm hello! Yes! By some miracle I was able to work it out with school and my fake job that I pay lots of money to pretend to work for ie. internship and could join in on the fun. There are lots and lots of men here who are into anything with a motor.  and yes this means testosterone is heavy in the air. I've choked on it a couple of times. It helps to wear lots of bright colors and sparkles to counteract the male energy.

A couple of non-notable items:

-True story: Who knew Pittsburgh isn't located far outside of West Virginia? If you had asked me 48 hours ago I would have said " No silly, West Virginia and Pittsburgh are separated by at least a state of two." But no, they are close to each other.  This blew my mind. and it also just blew the mind of ever geography teacher I've ever had.

-September 22nd is so close. Why is this date important? It's so important because it's the official first day of fall. and this is important because I will finally allow myself the right to start wearing boots again. Believe it or not it's still the summer season right now people. Just cause we celebrated Father Labor Day on the 3rd does not mean summers really over. The type A personality in me refuses to wear boots till it is actually, really, 100% fall. I bought a pair of brown, leather boots at the beginning of August and have been giving them the "soon, soon my friend" look everytime I open the closet door. Am I the only one who is very particular about when you should officially rock fall clothing items? and you say "But Courtney, your drinking a pumpkin spice latte that's so fallish." I say food/drink doesn't count. I'd drink that delicious junk on the 4th of July if I could.

-Should I feel embarrassed when AJ and I walk into a really nice hotel carrying a cooler and bags of groceries for our stay? Does this make us cheap, a little redneck or just smart?

-When traveling, one seems to for whatever reason think calories and carbs don't matter or affect the body.  It's impossible for one to eat right when away from home. One is me. Give me another pumpkin spice latte and double up on the whip cream.

-I hate it when I buy a greeting card from a store and the cashier proceeds to read and comment on it. Umm it's not your business who's anniversary is coming up and it's definitely not necessary when I buy a card with a joke on it about beer (I know classy) for you to then proceed to tell me more jokes about beer sir. I won't name names but let's just say this place has the letters VCS in it. You know, I just want a little more consumer privacy especially when buying items at a pharmacy store. Because pharmacy stores carry scary, awful but helpful items that we all like to pretend don't exist. When at a pharmacy like store I want the cashiers to pretend to not be able to see anything I bought. Even better, I would like them to pretend that they never saw me. No small talk or questions needed. Just quick bagging please.

2 comments: