Monday, November 28, 2011

Navy Crazy

That's how I'm feeling.

My long awaited curtains are finally here and hung. and I could not be happier with them!


side note: I don't think our house is haunted (see multiple orbs) I think we need a new camera.


Now, I don't know if you know how hard it is to find 95" long navy curtains that are the right shade of navy, right fabric weight and right style top. It is hard! Actually, I couldn't find them. I had to modify these navy blues in order for them to be all that I knew they could be.

The curtains I ended up buying had all the qualities I wanted except for they had the wrong style top. Originally these guys came with a grommet top. But I wanted a top that was a bit more simpler and without any type of metal showing.


original top

So I cut the tops off.......





and used some no sew hem tape to make the tops clean and simple. So now they are just what I wanted!




Now, I need to figure out what I want to do about the blind situation. New white mini blinds were put on all are windows right before we moved in, problem is they are ugly.

Current options are:
-Leave them how they are and deal with it for a year and a half.
-Remove the mini blinds and not put any new blinds up.This would work because the curtains can close all the way to prevent peepers. Only annoying part is we will have to put them back up before we move.
 -Get new wood or bamboo blinds. That would be pretty.

We shall see what happens :)






No comments:

Post a Comment