Monday, November 14, 2011

It's a hard-knock life

It's a hard-knock life for renters. It's a hard-knock life for us! (read as if your watching Annie and cute orphans cleaning about). Now you want to watch the movie dontcha?

You know why life's so hard for renters? Two reasons:
            1-You have to follow a bunch of mostly silly rules like not being allowed to paint your walls
                arrghhh.
            2-You've probally moved multiple times and are planning on moving again

Right now, #2 is the one getting me itchy. You know why? Curtains. I've been wanting curtains for our living room for almost a year and a half but I haven't been able to pull the trigger and buy them. I avoided buying curtains at our first apartment in Warrenton because I knew we were only going to be there one year and then would be moving on to somewhere new. I feared spending lots of money on curtains for our first living room then moving and then the windows in our new living room would be too large or small or have too many or less windows blah blah blah. On top of all of that, most curtains are just ugly and I could never find good cute ones.

I'm ready now. and the husband agrees. We have been in our current house in Christiansburg for a little over 3 months and are planning on staying in this house till I get done with graduate school in May 2013. This means one little lady can finally dress her windows.

The big problem is, like I said before, most curtains are not so cute. Most curtains are even more not cute when you are searching for bold patterned navy curtains. That's what this girl wants. Bold patterned navy curtains.

So you know you excitedly go and log-on to your little laptop expecting to find great, great things.......and you find a bunch of this.

Chaps Home Montauk Studio Window Treatments
sorry Kohls, it's not you, it's your ugly curtains

And you're like hell no.

Then after searching hours upon hours you find these. Cue the singing baby angels.

Pair of Decorative Designer Custom Curtains Drapes  50 x 108 Navy  Blue and Ivory Chevron Zig Zag  Contemporary Modern Style
now these are from this great etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/CastleCreekDesigns?ref=seller_info .
This girl would love them but they are totes out of my price range.


Ok someone stop the singing baby angels. Cause these hottie curtains are $180 per window. Ouch. Even I can't somehow come up with a crazy story justifying spending that much. Especially since we will be moving again eventually.

So I continued looking and searching and being disappointed. and I'm still a little disappointed. Because I just can't find those fabulous bold patterned navy curtains in our price range. Lame. I even considered the option of DIYing some curtains but then I remebered I'm a busy graduate student who wouldn't be able to finish such a time consuming project until maybe summer?

So what's the point of this long orphan/renting stinks/curtain post Courtney? Plain navy curtains is the point and it's what we are getting. But we are getting them before Christmas which is the important part :) I'll post pictures when they come in.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I just laughed out loud, SO loudly at work when I read "And you're like hell no." You are so funny lol and I miss you like whoa! love the blog guurl.

    ReplyDelete