Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Diabetes sucks, misewell make it cute.

Amen.

The annoying thing about type 1 diabetes isn't just that one of your vital organs doesn't work anymore, but it's also that EVERYTHING related to type 1 diabetes is lacking in attractiveness. From the shots to finger pokes to medical ID's to carrying cases to extra tubing hanging around it's all just bland and blahh and medically sterile. and since I can't do anything to change the fact that blood comes out of fingertips when I poke them rather than glitter and sparkles, I give diabetes an infusion of cuteness through mainly accessories. Let me show you my most recent contribution to increasing my own personal diabetiliciouness.

First, let me show you the standard diabetes medical supply/carrying cases that the medical world/diabetes supply companies/"the man" provides as options to people with diabetes. Here's a standard glucose meter case.



Umm, I don't know about you but that's not what I consider a good time.

"But wait Courtney! You can attach and wear that "classic" looking glucose meter case on your hip. Easy access!! We have included a loop on the back of the case to allow for you to slide it right onto your belt. It's so convenient for you." -Manufacturer in my imagination, example below.


Manufacturer, that's just mean. I would rather go outside and find a stick and then take that sick and use a butter knife to widdle down a pointy tip and then use that jagged tip to poke my finger to draw blood to check my blood sugar over and over again rather than wearing that case on my hip in public for 5 minutes. Convenient my diabetes butt.

Here's what I suggest as an alternative.


It's my new D-bag. Cosmetic cases from Target. There's two but the little one fits in the big one. See, cute.


The little plaid bag is for my glucose meter, lancet and test strips.


and the red medallion bag carries everyday type 1 diabetes stuff that needs to be with me all the time (insulin pens, extra insulin pump supplies, emergency/life saving stuff).


and diabetes just got cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment