Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dooo En My Hobbies

I'm on summer break. A 2 month break. With really nothing to do but whatever I want. For 2 months. Yeah if I were you I would hate me too. I'm pretty blessed to have 2 months of complete freedom and relaxation. I'm fully aware that I will probably never have a break like this every again.

Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to be doing during this break. My answer is dooo en my hobbies! It's going to get crazy around here with crafts and decorating and watching Bravo.

Here's my goal list so far of projects to get done this summer break:

-Make curtains for our bedroom
-Make curtains for the kitchen
-Stencil burlap pillow in the living room
-Finish up the living room gallery wall with a couple more frames and fill up the empty frames currently hanging out on it
-Make pillows for our bed
-Make new wreath for front door
-Make the bathroom look cuter in general (new curtains, towels, rug, storage)
-Organize the guest bedroom somehow.......no guest can comfortably stay in there right now

Making curtains for our bedroom is the first thing I'm tackling. I went to Joanne's yesterday to get INSPIRED INSPIRED by fabric! I found some fabric I loved and decided to take a day to think about it. Here's hubbalicious with the said fabric.


He's a good man coming along to the fabric store with me. As long as we are spending time together he doesn't care what we are doing. Did you just gain five pounds from all that cheese?


Then today, I had a moment where I thought that I should just make curtains out of painter's drop cloths. Like below. It's a hottie tottie thing in the DIY world right now. Reasons for doing it would be that its cheaper (only $20 for two windows) and easier than making curtains from nothingness (3 sides are already hemmed for you) and I liked the neutralness and roughness of it.


drop cloth curtains
from pinterest


but then after texting my stylish, crafty and smart sister about the idea this morning I decided that no, I'm going to go with the orange pattern fabric. Because my little heart loves it some color and pattern.

So off! Off I am to make bedroom curtains. Well tomorrow I am because a My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding marathon is on that junk is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment